Free albums include: Sunrise Avenue "On the Way to Wonderland" (Germany); Paloma Faith "Do You Want the Truth of Something Beautiful?"(UK); Anggun "Echos" (France); CapaRezza "Epocalisse" (Italy); Antonio Rey "Colores Del Fuego" (Spain); Karmin “Hello” (USA)
Music Hub will be preloaded on the Galaxy Note II, available in European markets, starting in October 2012
IFA, Berlin - August 30, 2012 – Samsung Music Hub – the first completely integrated, all-in-one mobile music service- today announced a free 30 day trial combined with a free, country-specific album giveaway. The service will be pre-loaded on the newly launching Galaxy Note II, in addition to the Galaxy S® III. Music Hub simplifies and enhances the everyday experience of listening to music. The mobile music service provides a rich music experience for everyone whether users are an avid collector wanting easy access to their own music collection, someone with ever-changing music tastes, that likes to sample a broad selection of music and genres or who prefers radio.
“We’re excited to extend Music Hub beyond the Galaxy S III. By providing a free trial and album, we hope our users will experience a new, intuitive and easy way to discover music,” said TJ Kang, senior vice president of the media services team for Samsung.
This trial is available to new Music Hub users in Germany, the U.K., France, Italy and Spain, and is also available in the U.S. People can access the pre-loaded Music Hub app on their devices, or go to Samsung Apps. Trial users will be able to choose one free album from a selection of country-specific albums, which will be instantly available on their device, or via upload on the internet. A complete list of free album titles by country is available on request.
Music Hub initially launched in European countries in May 2012, and is available as a Free or Premium music service:
Music Hub Store (free) allows users to:
• Access millions of songs from the 7digital catalog – which includes music from all four major labels (Sony, EMI, Universal, and Warner), plus select independents– from which users can buy tracks and albums, as well as listen to 30-second previews of all songs
• Store purchased music in the cloud, allowing it to automatically load on all registered Music Hub devices, while still being available on those registered devices locally for offline listening
Music Hub Premium (€9.99 per month, with a free 30-day trial offered) offers access to all of the free version features, as well as:
• A Scan & Match Cloud Locker: Upload music to the cloud to play it on any device registered with a Music Hub account (up to 3 devices). Music Hub also utilizes scan-and-match technology to decrease upload time and ensure high-quality playback. Any unmatched songs are directly uploaded from user’s library to the cloud offering 100 GB of storage for all unmatched songs, so users can access rare or personal recordings across their devices. Music Hub also automatically updates playlists or music purchases music updated across all registered devices.
• A catalog of millions of songs for purchase AND streaming: Enjoy full access to 7digital’s Music Hub catalog, including music from all four major labels, to stream or purchase, with unlimited plays and no advertisements. Search for new music, create playlists, share songs with friends, and view lyrics and album information.
• Personalized and Genre Radio: Create personal stations based on favorite songs and artists, or browse genre stations recommended and custom-created by the Music Hub team. Users also can tag songs they like to find and play back later.
• Customized Recommendations: Discover great new songs, artists, albums and radio stations all the time – and the more users listen, the better Music Hub’s recommendations will get.
• Access the Music Hub web player, in addition to the mobile app, with which users can access their music library and the Music Hub catalog online at www.musichub.com
Samsung, Music Hub, Galaxy and Galaxy S are all trademarks of Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd. More information is available: click here
mSpot is a wholly owned subsidiary of Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd., which was formed in 2004 and acquired by Samsung in 2012. A provider of innovative music and video delivery service for mobile devices, the company has been offering white-labeled cloud entertainment services for mobile carriers such as AT&T, Sprint and Verizon. It also has its own brand services available in the Android Marketplace or App Store. For more information, go to www.mspotcorporate.com
About Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd.
Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd. is a global leader in semiconductor, telecommunication, digital media and digital convergence technologies with 2011 consolidated sales of US$143.1 billion. Employing approximately 206,000 people in 197 offices across 72 countries, the company operates two separate organizations to coordinate its nine independent business units: Digital Media & Communications, comprising Visual Display, Mobile Communications, Telecommunication Systems, Digital Appliances, IT Solutions, and Digital Imaging; and Device Solutions, consisting of Memory, System LSI and LED. Recognized for its industry-leading performance across a range of economic, environmental and social criteria, Samsung Electronics was named the world’s most sustainable technology company in the 2011 Dow Jones Sustainability Index. For more information, please visit www.samsung.com.
August 1, 2012: “Samsung Launches Music Hub in U.S.”
Exclusive: mSpot Plans First 3-in-1 Music Locker, Subscription, Radio Service
May 26, 2011: mSpot for Android adds Radio Spotter